Networker

Re: [Networker] How do I move legato server from windows to solaris ?? - PART2

2003-11-14 11:14:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] How do I move legato server from windows to solaris ?? - PART2
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:14:45 -0500
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Evan Gold wrote:

>Hi Gurus, i never got a good answer to the below question.
>Can anyone answer this?
>
>original question:
>I'm running legato7 server on win2000
>
>I need to move the server to solaris asap
>
>How do I move the indexes, clients, etc ?

I don't think such a move is supported by Legato because of the differing
path names and file architectures that Windows and Unix use. You would do
well to read Legato's documentation on server migration.

As someone else already suggested on this forum, your best option for such
a move is probably to start out fresh and not migrate the data over from
your old Windows server.