Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR problem backing up Windows 2000

2003-11-07 14:31:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR problem backing up Windows 2000
From: Chad Smykay <csmykay AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:31:01 -0600
Check to make sure that you do not have any other software that is trying to
run and RPC server service.  Legato has there own built in one and if
another service has another dependent RPC service built in then you will see
problems like this.  A perfect example is Qlogic's SAN Management Suite of
tools.  They have an ONCE Portmapper service that gets installed and started
at install time.

I have also seen issues with DNS resolution.  Try setting your
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file to the networker name and IP.

Hope this helps some.  If you can post the networker servers logs and the
clients logs at once on the list for a look.

Chad Smykay, RHCE
Systems Storage Administrator
Rackspace Managed Hosting (TM)
210-892-4025 ext 1603