Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] W2K / NW 6.1.3: no backup of DFS?

2003-11-05 05:08:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] W2K / NW 6.1.3: no backup of DFS?
From: Frank Altpeter <f.altpeter AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:08:34 +0100
Hello!

Ernst Bokkelkamp wrote on 2003-11-04 19:34:22 +0100:
> Another interesting BUT very important point: This a very ENGLISH mailing
> list.
> If your configuration deviates from the norm then you should mention this
> clearly, I don't think that anybody until now has noticed that you are
> mentioning Wordpad.exe that is resides in C:\Programme\Windows NT\Zubehör
> and not the one in C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessoiries.
> This little, but important item, may point at the problem. You could be
> right that there is a bug in Networker due to the "ö" as this has happened
> before. Also make sure that you follow the disaster recovery instruction
> exactly as documented in the DPG, if you do not then this type of problem
> may occur.

I think it must not make any difference for a backup solution
whether the client system is english or any other language.

It just has to save things. And NetWorker is too expensive to be
that much unreliable.

It does not save wordpad.exe, and possibly many other files, no
matter for which reason. And btw. the umlaut bug was first mentioned
in 7.1 packaging error afaik, not in 6.1.3 environment.

With kind regards,

        Frank Altpeter