Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows XP problem

2003-11-03 22:33:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows XP problem
From: Phillip Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:12:05 -0600
It sounds like you're saying that the saveset times out and then restarts.
I've seen this happen almost always when the client (in this case, your
laptop) has a NIC which is configured for autonegotiate.  Could this be
part of our environment?

(You may also need to talk to your LAN admin about forcing the switch's
port to match your NIC's speed.  I've found this helps a lot.)
-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Backup/Recovery Systems Mgr.
Network Services Group
i2 Technologies, Inc.

             Antonio Ettorre
             <antonio.ettorre@
             ERPTECH.IT>                                                To
             Sent by: Legato           NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA                                     Subject
             IL.TEMPLE.EDU>            [Networker] Windows XP problem

             11/03/2003 09:39
             AM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA
              IL.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
              Antonio Ettorre
             <antonio.ettorre@
                ERPTECH.IT>

Hi to all,
    i try to install NetWorker on my laptop to bacjup it.
I have a Compaq Evo N1020v with Windows XP Service Pack 1.
Unfortunaly all version that i have tried, from 6.2 to 7.1 have the same
problem!
Specifically all save process crashed ( due to an error the process is
closed) when it finished and restart so i have and endless backup!
Can you help me?

Thank's in andvance

Excuse for my english!