Networker

Re: [Networker] Help with directives with logasm

2003-10-24 11:49:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Help with directives with logasm
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:47:32 -0700
On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 08:42 AM, Chad Smykay wrote:

I am trying to make a standard directive that will skip any *.log or
log
file that is open on an entire client.

So far I have tested:

<< / >>
        logasm: *

Which does not work and:

<< / >>
        logasm: .

Which does not work either.
I am trying to avoid specifying a full path for each client.  It would
also
be nice if this directive would work for both Windows and Linux
clients.  If
this is possible or anyone has a similar setup please let me know.

Hi,

logasm is a built-in asm that will not complain if a file changes
during the backup.  You will have to name your asm something else.  Or,
try:

<< / >>
       +skip: *.log log

To be clear: have you written a new logasm, or were you trying to use
the built-in logasm?

Byron