Networker

Re: [Networker] Procedure for recoving a crashed disk

2003-10-22 18:51:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Procedure for recoving a crashed disk
From: T M <loxley99 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:50:06 -0400
Guy,

In that case, the Monday incremental backup should recognize that change
(the file being deleted, that is).
So you should not get the unwanted file if you set the browse for Wednesday
and then restore accordingly.

HTH,

Tom

------------------------------
From: "Novello, Guy" <GNovello AT PHCS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:51:59 -0400

Greetings,

I have been asked to verify the process of recovering a failed disk.
Supposed we do a full backup on Sunday, and incrs on Monday and Tuesday.
On Wednesday, the disk fails.

I would think that during the recover, setting the browse time for
Wendesday,
Networker would take what it needed from the full and the 2 incs. However,
the question was asked about what happens if a unwanted file was deleted
on Sunday after the full. Is there a way Newtworker would know that the
file was delete and recovery is not wanted?

Thanks in advance.

Guy Novello