Networker

Re: [Networker] [Fwd: Re: [Networker] Can't get index to backup to custom pool]

2003-10-16 12:47:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] [Fwd: Re: [Networker] Can't get index to backup to custom pool]
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:45:51 -0400
Still no cigar. NetWorker still writes the client index to the regular
nightly pool every darn time. Here's what I tried for the custom pool:

1. Listed: ^index:client_name under save sets, no other criteria
selected

2. Same as 1 but listed client_name under clients

3. Same as 1 but listed server_name under clients

4. Same as 1 but selected the affected group and listed client_name
under clients.

5. Same as 1 but selected the affected group and listed server_name
under clients.

Can't think of anything else. Yes, the pool is enabled. All devices are
selected.

Even if there is a way to make this work, I still need to get
client_name:/var also to this same pool. Clearly, that's not going to
work unless I specify the client, which I can't do under the saveset
listing. I mean, you can do that with the index, but not with other
savesets, right? Okay, so I'll have to have the client_name listed under
clients so it knows whose /var we're talking about, but it seems that
the suggestions were not to list anything under the clients criteria;
only criteria listed should be the savesets. Hmm ...

George