Networker

Re: [Networker] [Fwd: Re: [Networker] Can't get index to backup to custom pool]

2003-10-16 04:46:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] [Fwd: Re: [Networker] Can't get index to backup to custom pool]
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 04:44:40 -0400
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:53:52 -0400, George Sinclair
<George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV> wrote:

>I checked the admin guide, and here's all I could find:
>
>"Directing Client Indexes and Bootstrap to a Separate Pool
>
>You can use regular expression matching to direct the client indexes and
>bootstrap to a different pool than you send the backup data.
>
>In the following example, the client file indexes are in index. To send
>the
>NetWorker server?s bootstrap and all the client file indexes from this
>filesystem to the same pool, create a pool (in the Pool resource) with
>the
>following attributes:
>
>Table 32. Example Attributes for Sending Bootstrap to a Separate Pool"
>
>Attribute |  Value
>----------+-------
>Name      | Index
>Pool Type | Backup
>Save Sets | bootstrap
>
>I'm not interested in sending the bootstrap to this custom pool.

George, it's an example. You are perfectly free to adapt it to meet your
needs.

> Sounds like they want you to do that?
Or how about they're suggesting that it's a good idea and that you might
want to do it.

> Maybe I have to do that to get it to
>work? Moreover, I only want to send just this one client's index to this
>pool, not all the other clients.
OK, so you change the regular expression so that it does what you want.
Take out the bit for bootstrap. Leave in the bit for index, although the
example is not very good because as someone else pointed out it will match
the word "index" anywhere in a save set name. Better to specify ^index:
then it will only pick index at the beginning of a line - i.e. NetWorker 6+
index naming convention. (YMWV for NW5 and below). Then since you want only
a specific client, add this in too. So you end up with a regular expression
like so:
^index:yourclientname$

> All the other client's indexes should
>still go to the standard pool. I'm beginning to think that this is not
>possible,
Of course it is possible - this is NetWorker!