Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging

2003-10-15 17:44:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging
From: "Eidler, Dean" <dean.eidler AT AGRESEARCH.CO DOT NZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:42:52 +1300
Hi

I think the high water mark in the configuration of staging is what you
ae looking for.

In the context you describe you are going to write client data to the
backup server and then stage that? I think that would be slower?

What about using space on the backup server for your backup indexes?
That way when a client completes it doesn't have to wait for a spare
drive on the backup server and writes the indexes to the stagign area.
Later on you can then stage the idnexes to tape.

Dean

PS We do this under windows 6_1_3 and its not 100%. I am told its much
better under 7.0

Dean