Networker

Re: [Networker] Incremental backups - How to restore the contents of renamed dire ctories ?

2003-10-08 09:04:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Incremental backups - How to restore the contents of renamed dire ctories ?
From: EXT / CADENCE SIXA PRIGENT Yves <ext.cadencesixa.prigent AT SNCF DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:03:17 +0200
I finally find the solution in the release supplement (LGTOpa00800 for
release 6.1x or LGT44728 for release 7):

'When recovering a directory that has been renamed since the last full
backup (and only incremental backups have been run since then), you might
find that files you expect to find under the renamed directory are not
there. To recover those files, either perform a full backup before starting
the recovery, or do the following:

- Shutdown the Networker daemons on the server and client.

- Set the environment variable NSR_RENAME to Yes before starting the client.

- Set the environment variable NSR_NAMEONLY to No before starting the
server.

- Start the recover session'.

Setting the environment variables as stated above works fine.