Networker

Re: [Networker] ADIC Scalar 10K and Windows storage node

2003-10-03 10:12:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] ADIC Scalar 10K and Windows storage node
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:11:00 -0400
Paul,

We are zoning - I just forgot to mention that.  Here are the details.

Our SAN is set up as two fabrics.  The Sc 10K has 4 drives attached to
each SNC.  Each SNC is on one fabric.  The NW server is attached to both
fabrics and can see all 8 drives.  Each NW storage node is attached to
both fabrics and can only access the 6 shared drives (4 from one SNC, 2
on the other).

Zoning is done by WWN.  The zones are set up from each server to the
SNCs.  The NW server is included in two zones - one for each SNC.  Each
storage node is included in two zones as well - one for each SNC.

When we reboot one of the storage nodes while the NW server is doing a
backup, the tape rewinds and overwrites the files that had existed
previously on the tape.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Teresa