Networker

[Networker] XP firewall and ports

2003-09-29 15:14:48
Subject: [Networker] XP firewall and ports
From: "colin_mcfadyen AT carleton DOT ca" <colin_mcfadyen AT CARLETON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:13:39 -0400
Hi all.

I have recently started using the internal XP firewall. When it's engaged,
I can no longer perform "Directed Restores" from the Networker User
program. I can browse and choose the file(s) I need, but when I click on
the traffic light to actually begin the restore, nothing happens. The
Networker server does not even see the actual restore request. As far as
it's concerned I'm still browsing.

    Could you please tell me what ports I need to open up to allow this
functionality.

Thanks.