Networker

[Networker] RESOLVED Re: [Networker] directive question: skipping all "oradata" dirs on any filesystem

2003-09-25 10:23:26
Subject: [Networker] RESOLVED Re: [Networker] directive question: skipping all "oradata" dirs on any filesystem
From: Phillip Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:23:13 -0500
All,

Guess it was late last night when I posted this.   I forgot that running a
manual "savegrp" command on the nsrhost (instead of letting nsrd fire it
off) doesn't, by default, use the client's specified directives -- hence
the reason my oradata/ directories were backed up.  I just tested this
directive on another server, and it works fine for skipping (at any level,
on the same filesystem or not) all directories called "oradata".

<< / >>
      +skip:  oradata

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Backup/Recovery Systems Mgr.
Network Services Group
i2 Technologies, Inc.

             Chad Smykay
             <csmykay@RACKSPAC
             E.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: Legato           NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA                                     Subject
             IL.TEMPLE.EDU>            Re: [Networker] directive question:
                                       skipping all "oradata" dirs on any
                                       filesystem
             09/24/2003 11:18
             PM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA
              IL.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
                Chad Smykay
             <csmykay@RACKSPAC
                  E.COM>

Phillip,

I have run into the same issue and can not find any good documentation for
skipping an entire directory.  However I have come up with the following

This works good for skipping and entire directory on a *NIX server.
<< /path/to/oradata >>
        +skip: *.*

The downside, having to create this line for each directory you want backed
up.  The up side, it actually works.

Also here is and example I used for windows:

<< "D:\program files\mssql\data\" >>
        +skip: *.*

You get the idea.

Hope this helps some.