Networker

Re: [Networker] ADIC Scalar 10K and Windows storage node

2003-09-22 04:43:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] ADIC Scalar 10K and Windows storage node
From: Paul Esson <paul.esson AT REDSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:40:14 +0100
Teresa,

This parameter refers to support for native fibre channel tape devices
specifically, although it was recommended to me by QLogic support for SCSI
drives connected through routers/gateways too.  QLogic's argument was that
FC-Tape Support enabled their HBA to handle tape errors at FC-2 level.  FC-2 is
one of the lower layers in the fibre channel protocol roughly equivalent to the
internet layer in the TCP/IP stack.

Regards,

Paul Esson
Senior Support Engineer
Redstor Limited

"Delivering Value by Reducing the
Cost of Storing and Managing Data"

Direct Dial:    +44 (0) 1224 595381
Mobile:         +44 (0) 7766 906514
E-Mail:         paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
Web:            http://www.redstor.com

REDSTOR LIMITED
Torridon House
73-75 Regent Quay
Aberdeen
UK
AB11 5AR

Disclaimer:
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or
otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.