Networker

Re: [Networker] Need help recovering a piece of a saveset

2003-09-17 16:43:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need help recovering a piece of a saveset
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:43:24 +0100
George Sinclair wrote:
One thing about this business of mergin in an old index. Will the
current browse policy on the affected client's index affect this? Do I
need to change this? Currently, it's set to 1 month, and I need to merge
in the index from 01/27/03. I'm thinking maybe in some cases if you did
this then NetWorker might have to truncate something in the index in
order to make room for the merged stuff? Maybe it just enlarges the
index to accomodate this stuff and doesn't care about the policy?

What happens is that the current policy for the client is applied to the
entries that are merged in. Thus, if the retention policy is currently
"month", then the old entries that are added will expire one month from
the time you run the nsrck -L7.

The index is not a fixed size, it will grow to accomodate the new
entries. The existing entries will still expire at their retention date,
there will just be a few extra entries.

I don't know what happens if the save set is recyclable, I am assuming
that your save sets are "recoverable". If they are recyclable you may
need to change them to recoverable first.