Networker

Re: [Networker] Advanced File Device Size

2003-09-16 11:08:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advanced File Device Size
From: Kenneth Larsen <Kenneth.Larsen AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:09:53 +0200
20 TB of diskbackup cost the same, no matter how you size it.
the licens is Based on how much disk space you allocate for diskbackups in
your data zone. ie between the server and storage nodes.

But I don't agree that diskbased backups are for larger filesystems only,
I use 2 36 GB disks to keep the incrementals and then stage them to tape,
the abuse on the tape drives are less this way, cause my incrementals are
very differrent in size, and some clients just can't keep the tape drive
steaming alone.

If you consider diskbackup just make sure the whole backup can fit on the
disks. even with the adv_file device you can't stage savesets that aren't
finished yet, so if u have 5 TB in one saveset you will need 5+TB of disk
space..

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261

"Maiello, Robert" <Robert.Maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
16-09-2003 16:55
Please respond to Legato NetWorker discussion; Please respond to "Maiello,
Robert"