Networker

[Networker] indexes get under the wrong client

2003-09-11 11:27:33
Subject: [Networker] indexes get under the wrong client
From: Zoran Dzelajlija <jelly+networker AT MAIL.ISKON DOT HR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:19:55 +0200
Hi!

I'm having problems with indexes being placed under the wrong client. I have
three Solaris 8 clients named mx1, mx2 and mx3 in DNS, but the hostname on
the machines is set to "mx".

I also have an entry in DNS for mx, listing the IP addresses of all three
hosts.  This allows for DNS round-robin load balancing.

However, my NetWorker server (6.0.3) saves all the indexes under the
client resource for mx1, while mx2 and mx3 remain empty.

I had an "mx" alias in all three client resources, but after I removed
it nothing changed.

Any ideas on how to make the indexes go to the correct place?

Zoran