Networker

Re: [Networker] Using the BACKUP COMMAND CUSTOMIZATION functionality of the client resource.

2003-09-11 10:01:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Using the BACKUP COMMAND CUSTOMIZATION functionality of the client resource.
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:01:52 -0400
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:57:56 +0200, Sumash Singh <ssingh AT STORTECH.CO DOT ZA>
wrote:

>ok here is a long shot but maybe, just maybe i can suggest somthing and
rest of the guru's can provide more meat/.

>how bout we use savepnpc, run a pre-script which checks for the
filesystems mounted, and then directs that output into a file.

>then in your backup command you specify your backup command as save -I
inpittxtfile.txt which just happens to be the file to which you outpout
your contents of your script to check for mounted filesystems. So now
NetWorker is backing up the mounted filesystems using the -I option to read
in what it needs to backup.

>then when the backup is complete, you can run a post script to rm the
inputtxtfile.txt so that the next time the backup runs, a new file is
generated with the most updated lists of filesystems on that host.

>in this situation you can also set your saveset as All, as NetWorker will
use the contents of the inputtxtfile.txt to determmine what to backup.

>Watchya think???

I think... savepnpc is not a good match for this. It's not worth the
complications that savepnpc entails. The answer is simpler than that. I'll
reply directly to the original poster.