Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 disaster recovery - how to? SOLVED, but where is Wordpad?

2003-09-10 05:05:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 disaster recovery - how to? SOLVED, but where is Wordpad?
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:10:30 +0100
Olaf Zaplinski wrote:

I found the solution. If I want to restore a SMP system, I have to
install a
SMP Windows 2000, even if the target machine has only one CPU.

To DR a machine you are supposed to use the same or identical hardware.
I'm sure you will find this recommendation in Legato's DR guide. I
wouldn't want to try it any other way.

And Networker definitely does *not* back up the whole machine, I can prove
that. For whatever reason wordpad.exe is missing after the succesful
restore
Perhaps wordpad was open when the machine was backed up? Anyway, these
days you can get a free version of vi(m) for Windows :-)