Networker

[Networker] moving server host

2003-09-03 11:32:19
Subject: [Networker] moving server host
From: "Martin J. Dellwo" <dellwo AT 3DP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:31:34 -0400
I am setting up a new server to replace an older aging server.  When the
new server is ready, I will be dumping the old /nsr directory to the new
machine's /nsr directory.  I'd done such a move in the past on the same
server to move to a new disk and am not worried about that part.  The
new server will then also be renamed to have the identical name and IP
address of the old server (naturally the old server will be off when
that occurs!).  They are the same OS (IRIX).   Will this be sufficient
to keep backups going or are there other gotchas?  Do I need to do
something with the client unique identifier to make sure savesets keep
backing up under the same client index?
--
Martin J. Dellwo   (610) 458-5264 x6512   dellwo AT 3dp DOT com
Systems Administrator, 3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals, Inc.