Networker

[Networker] update of 'nar' utility

2003-08-30 10:27:02
Subject: [Networker] update of 'nar' utility
From: David Stes <stes AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:22:33 +0200
Hello,

I'd like to announce an update of my 'nar' (NetWorker Activity Reporter) tool.

The "nar" tool is an extremely simple, but IMHO useful tool, to create reports
on a Legato NetWorker server;

The basic idea is to use the media database (saveset info) to build an
overview of what saveset was being backed up at a certain time, and then
print a  report in the style of a SAR (system activity reporter) report.

The tool is available at:

        http://nmhds.sourceforge.net

NAR is a command line tool for UNIX.  Precompiled binaries are available for
SGI, Linux, Sun and HP.  For other platforms, please ask.

The tool can be used over the network, i.e. if the server runs Windows or
AIX, and if there is a Sun or Linux client, then the tool can be ran on the
Linux or Sun machine, to query the backup server.

Regards,
David Stes
email: stes AT pandora DOT be