Networker

[Networker] Networker P. Edition start up differences

2003-08-27 13:11:17
Subject: [Networker] Networker P. Edition start up differences
From: "Schaefer, Harry" <Harry.Schaefer AT TURNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:10:52 -0400
I have 2 different servers running Power Edition. Both are Solaris. Both are
running the same version of Networker (5.5.2 Build 165). However when I stop
and restart the daemons, one runs through all of the indexes on startup and
just tells me which ones need to be cross-checked, while the other one stops
and cross-checks every one while coming back up.

Does anyone know why these two servers act differently? I would like the other
one to just tell me which indexes need cross-checking and I can do it myself
instead of taking 4-5 hours to completely come up due to the large sizes of
several of the indexes...

Thanks,
Harry S.
Atlanta