Networker

[Networker] Converting drive to NDMP service

2003-08-26 08:38:04
Subject: [Networker] Converting drive to NDMP service
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:36:13 -0400
The Legato 6.1.3 server I manage runs on Solaris 9 with a Qualstar tape
library. All 12 tape drives in this library are connected via SCSI to the
Legato server. This same server runs SnapImage so we can back up some NDMP
clients to our tape library instead of having to have a tape library local
to those NDMP clients.

We just got another NDMP client (and another Legato NDMP license) so I
want to allocate an additional tape drive in our Qualstar library to NDMP
service.

As far as I can tell, the only way to do this is to delete the tape
library resource and all the tape drive entries in Legato, then recreate
them with jbconfig, but that is an onerous task. I am looking for a better
way of taking a tape drive resource in Legato and converting it to NDMP.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.