Networker

Re: [Networker] Slackware Linux

2003-08-17 21:19:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Slackware Linux
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 03:19:23 +0200
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Teresa Biehler wrote:

TB> Has anyone tried to and/or had any luck backing up Slackware Linux?
TB> I've got a customer running it that would like to be added to our
TB> Networker backup environment, but I don't see it in the compatibility
TB> table on Legato's web site.

No problemo.

We use the standard networker client to backup several slackware boxes.
Slackware comes with rpm, although its not used by slackware itself. Just
install the package with the force and nodeps flags. It might need a bit
of script hacking or config editing to work after that, with regard to the
default networker server etc, but after that it works just fine. Even
though slackware uses BSD-style init scripts, there is a sysV initscript
compatible system installed as well. If you don't feel satisfied with
that, just start nsrexecd from rc.local .

//Oscar