Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.0 and DG/UX 6.0.1 client hang

2003-08-13 17:24:17
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.0 and DG/UX 6.0.1 client hang
From: David Dulek <ddulek AT FASTENAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:24:13 -0500
I recently upgrade our backup server from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 9 and from
Networker (SUN version) 6.0.3 to Networker (Sun version) 7.

The problem I now am having is that the DG/UX clients start their save
sessions but in the middle of a save stream just stop sending data.  I am not
sure if this is a server or client issue.  Also the DG/UX Networker is (Data
General/EMC version).

So far I have only used snoop on the server to check to see if any data was
coming from the client but that really does not help figure out why.  It just
tells me when the client is hung.  Also there is abolutely nothing in the
logs of either machine when the hang happens.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.