Networker

Re: [Networker] How to tell if someone is getting backed up

2003-08-13 15:13:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to tell if someone is getting backed up
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:12:54 -0400
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Dave Martini 1 wrote:

>How can the user check to see if they have been backed up other than
>recieving the email notifications? Can this be done through the Networker User
>GUI?

I recommend that each of the system administrators who's systems are
backed up to the Legato server that I manage do periodic testing by
attempting to restore random files. At an absolute minimum, the user can
open up the recover GUI or the recover CLI and see if they can use the
"dir" and "versions" commands to see what's recorded in the saveset index.
Ideally, periodic restores of an antire system to a test system should be
done.