Networker

Re: [Networker] How to change client hostname without losing indexes.

2003-08-13 12:17:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to change client hostname without losing indexes.
From: Frank Altpeter <f.altpeter AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:16:57 +0200
Hello!

Shawn Cox wrote on 2003-08-13 11:00:27 -0500:
> Limited knowledge of networker.
>
> All windows v6.2
>
> If I have a client named hostXYZ.mycompany.com and that hostname changes to
> host123.mycompany.com how can I change the client hostname in Networker
> without deleting the client(which deletes the indexes) and recreating the
> new host?  It's the same server I just want to change the hostname.
AFAIK (someone should correct me if i'm wrong :) the index is not
being deleted upon removing a client definition.

But: you cannot change the client hostname without deleting it. One
other possible solution is to add the new hostname to the list of
client's aliases.

With kind regards,

        Frank Altpeter - 2nd Level Support

--
broadnet mediascape communications AG
weidestrasse 122a
22083 hamburg
fon: +49 40 668610 0
fax: +49 40 668610 250
mailto:f.altpeter AT broadnet-mediascape DOT de
http://www.broadnet-mediascape.de/
Confidentiality  Notice: The information in this document and at-
tachments is confidential and may also be legally privileged.  It
is  intended  only  for the use of the named recipient.  Internet
communications are not secure and therefore mediascape communica-
tions  AG does not accept legal responsibility for the content of
this message. If your are not the intended recipient, please  no-
tify  us  immediately and then delete this document.  Do not dis-
close the content of this document to any other person, nor  take
any copies. Violation of this notice may be unlawful.