Networker

[Networker] Legato attempting to mount nonexistent tapes

2003-08-13 11:51:51
Subject: [Networker] Legato attempting to mount nonexistent tapes
From: Dan Freise <dan AT RIVENDELL.USG.UNT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:51:49 -0400
Has anyone else seen this:

Legato has tried to mount a volume named "-" for the last couple of nights,
and it's caused our backups to hang waiting for it. Today I deleted the
media index entry which somehow got created for this volume, which was a
never-been-labeled tape located in our library. I don't know how this media
entry got there, but we had a similar situation last week wherein Legato
tried to mount a volume from one library into a drive in another library,
also causing backups to hang.

I've run nsrck level 5 and nsrim -X repeatedly trying to straighten this
out, but I'm worried that I'm missing the cause and that it'll just come
back.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Dan Freise
University of North Texas