Networker

Re: [Networker] Independent Full Backup

2003-08-13 05:30:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Independent Full Backup
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:30:41 -0400
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:48:24 +0530, dbhasin AT HSS.HNS DOT COM wrote:

>Let me clear the scenarion,
>I am taking a Full Backup Set 1 to be kept at my localtion only for
>restorations
>and I need to take another set Set 2 which I need to trasfer to some remote
>location like Chennai
>now if I take Set 2 and than incremental backups it will rely on Set2  ( I
>dont want this dependency )
>for the time being I am taking Full Set1 and than Full Set2 and than
>incremental backups which removes dependency on Set1 and I am able to move
>Set1 to remote location but these 2 sets are taking a long time so how can
>I take Set 1 as independent set without dependency of incremental except
>cloning.
>Regards/Deepak

Right, I think I know what you mean.

You have two choices:

(1) Use a simple script to clone all the save sets from Set1 and send these
off site.

(2) Run your Set2 backup to a pool which has "Store Index entries" set
to "No". This way, the subsequent incrementals will increment against Set1
since they won't know about Set2. The downside of this is that if you need
to recover from Set2, you will need to run scanner first, or do save set
recoveries only.