Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR sees a tape, which isn´t there

2003-08-11 17:19:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR sees a tape, which isn´t there
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:46:06 +0100
Gross Nikolaus wrote:

is there a possibility to unmount a drive with sun solaris 8.
I have a Storagetek L700 and and NSR 6.1.3.
when I perform a nsrjb -H(E) it doesn´t react.
In horizon I can see that the tape isn´t in the drive, with NSR it is in a
drive.
I restartet NSR, but with no effect.

The previous suggestions about putting the correct tape back in the
drive are valid, but may be rather inconvenient if your library is
remote. The other way is to tell NetWorker that the drive is empty. This
information is stored in the NSR jukebox resource and can be edited with
extreme care using nwadmin or nsradmin. There are three fields that need
to be modified, they are called "loaded slots", "loaded volumes", and
"loaded bar codes". Each of these fields has multiple values, comma
separated, and you MUST keep the same number of values. Edit rather than
deleting each field. It is fiddly and is easier if you write a script
for this. The one I have isn't quite suitable for general release just
yet for various reasons including copyright.