Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato HSM product

2003-08-05 11:15:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato HSM product
From: "Rohrich, James" <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:12:24 -0500
That is what my var has told me recently, but was hoping there was someone
that had found another way to make it work. We were lead to believe
originally that our three tiered solution to our storage problem would work.

If someone knows a third party software package that can handle this on an
NT platform to reduce the storage on a SAN, please let me know. It seems
that there is one package that runs on a SUN called LSC that might work, but
we would rather have this management software on a Windows platform since
our SAN is comprised of several storage nodes in Legato that run on Windows
2000 and will run on Windows 2003 in the future. Though we run some SUN
servers, our future for Unix will largely be on HP. Most support staff is
more knowledgeable of Windows than Unix.

If a vendor replies, send it privately to me, since I do not want to have
this question turn into a marketing campaign.