Networker

Re: [Networker] Once again: SAP client problem...

2003-08-04 06:03:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Once again: SAP client problem...
From: Frank Altpeter <f.altpeter AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:02:46 +0200
Hello!

Renty, Bart wrote on 2003-08-04 11:37:34 +0200:
> Frank,
>

> This seems to be the problem that I discussed before on your thread "SAP
> backup trouble"
>
> >> In other words: It seemed that SAP is able to store and retrieve some
> of its settings from the >> registry database. As you probably expect, i
> found an entry under
> >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\B10\Environment
> >> for TEMP and TMP which contained "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp".
>
> Are you sure that this solution will survive a reboot ?

I'm quite sure that it does, since the wrong entry wasn't written
down in any configuration file, and during testing, i was rebooting
many times a day. So i assume that it was caused by some faulty
installation script.

And, after changing the registry entry, i rebooted the machine and
restarted oracle and SAP, and the entry was still the same and the
backup process was running fine.

With kind regards,

        Frank Altpeter