Networker

Re: [Networker] Very strange discrepancy

2003-07-28 16:37:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Very strange discrepancy
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:36:52 -0400
I think I found the problem. The single day discrepancy was the clue.
Our primary server uses EST time, and most of our Linux clients are set
to use UTC for root. Non-root users normally use EST. In each case, UTC
is further ahead by 4 hours which would account for the later dates and
which would also explain why I never saw more than a single day of time
difference.

George