Networker

Re: [Networker] Is it legal to run evalution mode forever?

2003-07-23 12:51:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Is it legal to run evalution mode forever?
From: Koef <koef AT ATOSORIGIN DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:51:37 +0200
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:21:52PM -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> I suggest you refer legal questions to your organization's legal counsel.
> Somehow though, I doubt what you asked is legal, but I am not an attorney
> and I definitely have no idea what the law is in your country or if Legato
> has a different license agreement in your country vs. the USA.

The vast majority of software packages that I use, commercial or
non-commercial, include a LICENSE file, or equivalent, in their
distribution. I am wondering what the legal implications of the absence of
such a file would be. I do not think it would be much different in the USA
vs. my country.

--
Koef.