Networker

Re: [Networker] Netapp NDMP backups with NW7.0 on AIX5.2

2003-06-30 18:02:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netapp NDMP backups with NW7.0 on AIX5.2
From: Bokkelkamp Ernst <ernst.bokkelkamp AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 00:02:47 +0200
Actually I was testing something unrelated and failed.

Some paranoid personalities have these weird ideas that the best network
security is implemented by completely prohibiting any protocol. I was trying to
create an environment where the only connection between the NW7 Server (under
W2K) and the "Filer" (simulator) would block every port except 10000. I did not
succeed blocking and I have to find another way of testing without having a
real firewall.

Bye
Ernie