Networker

Re: [Networker] Netapp NDMP backups with NW7.0 on AIX5.2

2003-06-30 16:39:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netapp NDMP backups with NW7.0 on AIX5.2
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:39:13 -0600
Shelley L. Shostak wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Stan Sander wrote:

Shelley,

2 things come to mind for you to check.  What is the load sleep value on
your ndmp jukebox devices?  Do you have only the first 8 characters of

120 seconds for eject sleep, load sleep and unload sleep.

your root password on the netapp entered into the password field in the
client setup?  I suspect that this one is correct since you said you did
get a successful backup.

I think the error message is bogus; I have not made any changes to the
password and it is exactly 8 characters.  I am going to scour the release
notes for hints.  Maybe I need to upgrade the OS on the Netapp.  I'll have to
see what version is supported with NW 7.0.

By default, the CDI setting for NDMP devices is Not Used.  I will try setting
that to SCSI commands and see if that makes a difference.

I am also going to try ndmpd version 4 on the Netapp.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Shelley

I believe the NW 7 uses ndmp version 4.  I would hope that there is some
backward compatability, though.  I haven't started using NW 7 yet, but
please let me know what you find out.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects
Unix Systems/Server Administrator