Networker

Re: [Networker] clustered storage nodes installation

2003-06-27 10:45:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] clustered storage nodes installation
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRONTEXACO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:21:03 +0100
Aure,
        We have a somewhat similar setup (the difference is in the sharing - we
use AlphaStor and you'll be using DDS) so, apart from the actual setting up of
the sharing, the SAN storage node setup should be the same.

We have clients defined as follows
Physical nodeA
Physical nodeB
Logical cluster node
Logical resource nodeA
Logical Resource nodeB
Logical Resource nodeC

All clients have both physical nodes in the remote access field and All in the
saveset field.

Physical nodeA has Physical nodeA then nsrserverhost as storage node
Physical nodeB has Physical nodeB then nsrserverhost as storage node
Resources usually active on Physical nodeA have Physical nodeA then Physical
nodeB then nsrserverhost for storage node.
Resources usually active on Physical nodeB have Physical nodeB then Physical
nodeA then nsrserverhost for storage node

This seems to work quite well, copes with failovers OK.

Your setup will differ in the way you define the devices (jbconfig with DDS is
different to AlphaStor library config) but logically shouldn't be that much
different.

Bob