Networker

Re: [Networker] netware clients on different subnets

2003-06-24 11:58:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] netware clients on different subnets
From: T M <loxley99 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:58:06 -0400
Brendan,

My immediate question to you is if your usage of NetWorker Client for
Netware 4.21 is a new implementation of this software?
I remember when NetWorker 6 very first came out, there was an issue where
Novell clients could not be backed up if the NetWorker server was a
Microsoft box (NT or Win2K).  Granted, this was with NetWorker for Netware
Client 4.15, but what the heck?

I am sure you have contacted Legato Tech Support about this problem you are
having. But have you asked them to inquire about someone else using Netware
4.21 clients on a different subnet and getting them to work?
Likewise, is there any chance you could try out a client of NetWorker 4.15
and see if it works for you on another subnet?

I am tapped out here, as I am not in a Novell environment anymore.
Good luck with this!

Tom

-----