Networker

Re: [Networker] client not registered problem

2003-06-24 09:11:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] client not registered problem
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:10:32 -0400
I frequently have the exact same problem.  One way I've been able to
make it work is to create a host entry for that host in the /etc/hosts
file.  Once the client backups successfully once you can remove the host
entry and everything works as it should.  It would probably be a good
idea to keep a host entry for each client, but it's annoying to have to
unnecessarily maintain those entries.  If DNS forward/reverse works from
both client and server it should work.  I never had this problem until
6.x then it got worse with 6.1.2.

Joel