Networker

Re: [Networker] Error: user ntimpersonate on host (server) can not request command execution

2003-06-23 13:21:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Error: user ntimpersonate on host (server) can not request command execution
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:21:19 -0400
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:43:13 -0400, Tony H=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=F6rdin?=
<tony.j.hordin AT TELIA DOT SE> wrote:

>I receive this error when i´m trying to perform a directed recovery to the
>same source machine from a remote machine.
>" Error: user ntimpersonate on host (server) can not request command
>execution"
>
>I´m using Networker 6.1.3 on Win2000 Adv. Server and it dosen?t matter what
>group i´m using in the remote user field in NetWorker ?Backup Operators,
>Power Users, etc? the problem exist with all groups, even when i use only
>[email protected].
>
>Legato say this is a known issue in Solution ID: legato11686, but the
>nsrexecd.exe they propose to be changed is only if you have vers. 6.1.1
>
>Is there someone who recognize this error message or have a good suggestion
>for a soulution?

I saw this last week and it confused me. I was running an NT directed
recovery from a NetWorker server (Solaris). This ought to work and is
supported. I had set up the remote access fields correctly, and the servers
files on clients were already correct, since I was running this from the
server. From all I know about NetWorker, this is not a message I expected
to see at this point.

I got round the problem by running the recovery as root. This probably
won't work for you since you are on a Windows 2000 server.

I would say that you should listen to Legato, if they have identified it as
a known bug they're probably right. You may have to put pressure on them to
create a hotfix for your environment.