Networker

[Networker] netware clients on different subnets

2003-06-16 05:49:10
Subject: [Networker] netware clients on different subnets
From: Brendan Sandes <Brendan.Sandes AT DSE.VIC.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:49:54 +1000
Hi all again.

A quick question:

We have some of our netware clients on different subnets
I checked with our networking people
The only thing that is blocked between the subnets is broadcasts (which is
how it should be)

However, any of our netware clients on different subnets show this
behaviour.
we start the client
it waits for a time
comes up with the followin message
"cannot find a networker server.  Press enter to continue"
At this point the client dies.  We do not get the opportunity to configure
it manually, it terminates immediately

The netware team assure me that all of the servers are set up the same (in
this case I tend to believe them) with a standard build

I can backup NT servers or UNIX servers in the same subnet

There is, of course, no usefull documentation on the netware legato client
that I can find on the internet anywhere.  Even google failed me this
time.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!
Brendan