Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux servers with All specified as the saveset. (Serious bug/RFE)

2003-06-09 06:48:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux servers with All specified as the saveset. (Serious bug/RFE)
From: Paul Brears <paul AT IFL DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:25:25 +0100
The partition wasn't mentioned in the backup report at all (as savefs doesn't
"see" it, this isn't
surprising.) This should have been a clue that something was wrong but it got
missed for over a
year. Omissions don't stand out in the backup report in the same was as an
error would.

I think your right, the server admin entered /usr/local/ at install time and
the RedHat installer
accepted it. This might be a RedHat bug because the trailing slash is
superfluous but as RedHat
built with it I think Legato should be able to deal with it.

To experience this bug I believe you need both a trailing / and the partition
to be specified by
label. I've created some test partitions and it seemed as it you needed both
components for it to
fail.

As we had made the mistake on our system (and not realised) I thought it was
worth publicising it
incase anyone else had made the same error.

Paul