Networker

Re: [Networker] Where have the binaries gone?

2003-06-05 12:06:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Where have the binaries gone?
From: Michael Brooks <MichaelB AT SEQUOIAINS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:06:10 -0700
the bells of doom are ringing, and the sound waves are headed in legato's
direction, their stingy treatment of their (less than adequate)
knowledgebase, and now the ftp site are examples that rome is burning. they
have a fine product in networker, albeit buggy, but they simply cannot
support it. case(s) in point: i have several tickets open now w/them that
have been open for _months_. TAC, as a contrary example, resolves cases in
days, if not hours. this comes, i think, as a direct result of product
knowledge and training. we purchased networker only months ago, and i am
already telling legato's support people about their own product's features,
bugs etc. legato also has picked up an age-old industry bad habit of blaming
hardware. while this may be the case in some situations, it is not advisable
to jump to this conclusion w/o extensive testing first; it seems too much
like the helpdesk "reboot" solution. bottom line: legato needs to spend $ on
training, and introduce their engineers to their support people....

michael brooks ................ michaelb AT sequoiains DOT com
Network Administrator ......... 831.657.4539 phone
Sequoia Insurance Company ..... 831.657.4512 fax