Networker

Re: [Networker] Bypassing library inventory when added volumes vi a the CAP

2003-05-31 17:15:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bypassing library inventory when added volumes vi a the CAP
From: "David E. Nelson" <david.nelson AT NI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:36:32 -0500
Hi Tim,

Yes, I'm sure.  From nsradmin:

                        type: NSR jukebox;
                        name: L180-1;
                       model: Standard SCSI Jukebox;
                     enabled: Yes;
             bar code reader: Yes;
       match bar code labels: Yes;
            jukebox features: volume_tags, elements_status, barcode,
                              elements_status;

I've been in discussion with another guy and he pointed out the following and
I've verified it.  If I delete the location info prior to performing an
inventory, the library will *not* load the volumes in the tapes.  If I don't
delete the location info, then the volumes are loaded into the drives.  Go
figure.  The location info, from the NW's point of view, is incorrect either
way.  But it definately treats volumes diferently if the location is "" versus
"Safe", for example.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
        /\/elson

--
~~ ** ~~  If you didn't learn anything when you broke it the 1st ~~ ** ~~
                        time, then break it again.