Networker

Re: [Networker] FW: Backing up with a firewall.

2003-05-27 17:24:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] FW: Backing up with a firewall.
From: Alan Archer <alan AT ARCHER.CLARA DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:21:09 +0100
Ken,

I have seen behaviour simlar to this when backing up through a firewall
(Nokia Firewall 1) The standard configuration of the firewall in my case
dropped inactive sessions after 3600 seconds (1 Hour). Each Networker backup
session opens a new network session which then remains idle until the backup
session has completed. If this session is dropped ny the firewall mid-backup
you will see the syptoms that you have described - The resolution was to
extend the time-out of inactive network sessions to allow the backup to
complete.

If you are experiencing the same problem as I did you may have noticed
shorter backup sessions completed succesfully.

Regards

Alan