Networker

Re: [Networker] SAP backup trouble

2003-05-22 10:20:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] SAP backup trouble
From: Frank Altpeter <f.altpeter AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:19:54 +0200
Hello!

Renty, Bart wrote on 2003-05-22 15:30:11 +0200:
> Some time ago, we also got SAP logfile problems on Windows 2000 with SAP
> 610/620.
> The problem seems to be caused because backint tries to write its
> logfile using the environment variable TMP,
> which isn referencing the USERPROFILE variable on Windows 2000 (TMP =
> %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp).
> We found out that any process (like backint) created by SAP 610/620 is
> missing the USERPROFILE variable, and thus any use of the TMP variable
> is stuck.
>
> To know if this is your problem, check for the following message in
> NSR\APPLOGS\backint*.log :
>
>       Filename D:\usr\sap\S01\DVEBMGS00\work\%USERPROFILE%\Local
> Settings\Temp\.nsr.backint.S01
>       Backint exiting at Jan 22 11:25:01 with fatal error
>       creating directive file: No such file or directory

I wasn't able to find anything like this in any APPLOGS file, however,
this is what i found in the latest log named nsrsapsvB10.4052:

    nsrsapsv: May 21 16:49:27
    Required environment variable BR_EXEC is not set.
    Required environment variable ORACLE_HOME is not set.
    Required environment variable SAP_BIN is not set.
    Required environment variable SAPBACKUP is not set.
    Required environment variable SAPREORG is not set.
    Required environment variable SAPARCH is not set.
    Required environment variable NLS_LANG is not set.

Could that be the problem? And if yes, what's the most convenient
way to kick it in?

With kind regards,

        Frank Altpeter