Networker

Re: [Networker] SQL Backup issue

2003-05-21 09:16:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] SQL Backup issue
From: Michael Pye <michael AT ULIMIT DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:40:55 +0100
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:22:47 +0100
Michael Pye <michael AT ULIMIT DOT ORG> wrote:
> The named databases sounds plausible. I also have the exact same error.
> Presumably you are attempting to backup a Windows cluster and connecting
> to an IP that failsover between the two hosts in the cluster. (SVS being
> symetric virtual server indicating a cluster).
> Let me know if you get a solution. I'm going to look into the named
> databases issue.

Well I finally solved this.

It seemed to boil down to several things:

- ensure you have a valid remote user/password entered in the legato client
definition
(user must be an admin and allowed full sql privileges)
- the nsrsql command must have the nsrsqlsv -a <name_of_sql_virtual_server>
- <name_of_sql_virtual_server> must be in the clients hosts file with the sql
cluster ip address
- <name_of_sql_virtual_server> must be an alias for the legato client

the -a should fix the problem mostly - the rest was quite easy after that.

--
Michael Pye