Networker

Re: [Networker] Broad methodology question...

2003-05-20 16:51:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Broad methodology question...
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:51:39 -0400
Hi Bill

If possible, I'd suggest taking a NetWorker training class.  If not, the
various NetWorker components (called 'resources') are well covered in the
Administrator guide.  The one that is discussed well is the 'server network
interface' field.  This field, in the client resource, defines the name or
IP address of the NetWorker Server that you want to send the backups to.  DO
NOT put any client-side information into that field.  For instance, if your
NetWorker Server has two network interface cards (a 'public' Ethernet and a
'private' just-for-backups Ethernet), then put the IP address or IP name
that you assign to the 'private' interface in the 'server network interface'
field for the client.

Please let me know if this isn't clear.  And, ask about any other problems
as you go along.  NetWorker is a big, complex product; it took me years to
understand, FWIW.

tl

Terry Lemons
CLARiiON Applications Integration Engineering
        EMC²
where information lives

4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
Westboro MA 01580