Networker

[Networker] Volume version mismatch?

2003-05-15 14:44:56
Subject: [Networker] Volume version mismatch?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:44:52 -0400
Hi,

I received the following message during a backup, and I am unclear what
this means:

media emergency: volume version mismatch

I was backing up 4 savesets to an LTO tape. The tape filled up, and
NetWorker was asking for a writable tape, so I loaded a new SDLT tape
into the SDLT tape library and labeled it as the next volume for the
backup pool. Both the LTO and SDLT tape libraries are managed by our one
storage node server.

After the above message was issued, NetWorker continued writing the 4
savesets to the SDLT where it had previously left off, and I see nothing
odd at this time.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks.

George