Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with jbconfig on Solaris 9

2003-05-14 15:42:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with jbconfig on Solaris 9
From: "Mark Bradshaw (BTOpenWorld)" <notthehoople AT BTOPENWORLD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:55:32 +0100
> On Wed, 14 May 2003, John Herlihy wrote:
>
>> Hi Stan,
>>
>> are you sure you've got the correct AIT-2 st.conf entry on your Sun
>> Server? This could possibly cause this problem.
>
> I will verify this, but I am pretty sure the st.conf entry was added
> properly. Its something I asked one of my colleagues to handle.

<snip>

Hasn't Solaris 9 done away with needing to modify the st.conf file for known
device types? I could be well wrong with regards AIT-2 devices, but
certainly for LTO drives you don't need an entry in st.conf *unless* you
want to override the standard Solaris behaviour. You might find it better to
not have an st.conf entry and see if that works any better.

Also try using a starting file number of 0 instead of 274 during the
mmrecov. This should make scanner step through the tape looking for your
bootstrap and may get you round your current problem if it is caused by some
form of mis-config on the tape drive side. It'll take a *lot* longer, though
:-(

Good luck!

Mark